Wednesday 2 December 2009

plan of my magazine

This is a brief plan of my content page, and how I am going to lay it out. I decided to put the content down the left hand side, with page numbers next to it, and on the other side its divided

into four boxes, top three with image in, from storys inside my magazine and the fourth box in right hand side its having adverts and games from the magazine.
I used a colour coded scheme to divide the blocks.

I decided on some possible names for my music magazine.










  • -Killah: I decided this due to it being a retro, and different name which stands out. Also the spelling of killah is different to the normal spelling killer. This adds extra effect and difference to my magazine.


  • -Ting: The idea of this name was due to throught my research the word KERRANG, is also a sound made from a electric guitar, and a ting sound is the noise formed by electric guitar.


  • -Diffusion: Diffusion means light being scattered when reflected by a rough surface, or the transmission or passing of light through a shining object. I thought this would be a good effect for my magazine, making a effect of my magazine being a shinny object with rough edges.


  • -Reflex: I thought the word reflex was a funky, rock name which would be good for my magazine.



  • -Plectrum: I decided this due it being the name for a guitar pick and my magazine being a rock magazine, with most instruments used are guitars.



  • -Bass Line: Bass line is a type of music, I decided this due my magazine being a rock/bass magazine.



  • -Tatoo: tatoo gives a effect of dare, and punk which is the audience to my magazine.


The colour scheme I have decided to use is, black, white, pink and red.



I have decided to use a selection of four colours because through my research the magazines have shown to only use a variety of colours, mostly four at most. I also learned this looks better due to through my pleliminary task I used quite a few colours and it made my magazine appear to busy and messy, so Ive decided to cut down and stick to four. This will also show the reader throughtout my magazine its all linked, due to the colour scheme.




This is a breif plan of my content page, and how I am going to lay it out, this will help me to plan the page so when its done I know it won't appear cluttered and messy.
At the top I am having a huge scribble which will like bleed into the title, the blue boxes are all boxes that will have text in. I have coded it so the red boxes will have images in. The is going to be one large image that will dominate the whole front page of the magazine. This is going to be off a singer.
The black boxes are adverts and offers from the magazine.



My decision of name for my magazine is killah. And title designs:























To the title to add effect, over the 'I' I am going to put a pink star to use as the dot, also before the K I have included a huge scribble to make it seem like the scribble bleeds into the K.


This is the star I am going to add for the dot on the I of my title.









No comments:

Post a Comment